For the 11th year, the International Center on Nonviolent Conflict (ICNC) will host its annual free, moderated online course, People Power: The Strategic Dynamics of Civil Resistance.
In this course, over 50 highly motivated and collaborative participants from around the world will join with selected moderators to:
- Study scheduled modules of selected readings and videos from experts and practitioners discussing key aspects of nonviolent resistance campaigns and movements;
- Participate in moderated online discussion forums by sharing thoughts and ideas about course content that will help deepen individual learning;
- Share experiences and stories related to course themes to build a collaborative learning community with other learners.
Basic Details and Application Info
This 7-week online course provides an interactive, in-depth, and evidenced-based perspective on nonviolent civil resistance movements and campaigns. Here are the details:
The course will run from March 28 – May 15, 2023. Applications are due March 12 and participants will be notified of their application status by March 21.
Types of Activities
The course will involve an international learning community in a number of activities to be completed within specific timeframes, including readings, viewing videos, and active engagement with weekly discussion forums.
- To introduce cutting edge thinking and research findings on various topics in civil resistance, as outlined in the course content below.
- To discuss case studies of nonviolent campaigns and movements.
- To reflect on the effectiveness of civil resistance and its power to overcome challenging conditions.
- To provide a platform for peer-to-peer learning and networking.
- To offer an interactive and structured learning environment for participants to become more informed observers of nonviolent conflicts and effective conveyors of civil resistance knowledge.
Plus d’infos ici.